New England Real Estate Academy provides relevant, convenient, highly-acclaimed real estate classes for real estate brokers and salespersons. We offer pre license training courses, continuing education courses for license renewal, and professional development courses for sales and management development. Continuing Education is available in a high-energy classroom format or in state-of-the-art online multi-media video format. Our instructors bring practical, real-world experiences, along with advanced adult learning methodologies. We custom design courses to meet the needs of the ever-evolving real estate industry.
Meet Our Team
Jeanne Barreta has over 30 years public and private sector real estate experience in Sales, Leasing and Development. She has owned and operated a multi–office residential real estate company and been District Director for Prudential Commercial Real Estate. Her public sector experience includes 6 years with the FDIC in Boston specializing in the sale of owed real estate and the restructuring and sale of loan portfolios. She was also the Section Chief for the Appraisal and Finance Unit in Franklin, MA.
Teaching Experience: In her various capacities, training and consulting has been a significant part of her activities. She was adjunct faculty at Northeastern University for 4 years teaching real estate investment courses in the Building and Technology Department. In 2005, Jeanne was selected to be on the faculty of the CCIM Institute which has given her the opportunity to teach across the country and internationally.
Teaching Philosophy: To engage students to maximize their educational experience. Learning should be fun!
Licenses: Massachusetts and Rhode Island Real Estate Broker; Licensed Massachusetts and Rhode Island Real Estate Instructor; Previously licensed in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Texas and Securities Series 39 and 63.
Education and Designations:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Emmanuel College
- Presidential Honors and Student Speaker at commencement
- CCIM Institute Instructor Boot Camp
- Alignor Negotiations Training
- Decker Communication Intensive
- Extensive Training in adult learning and curriculum development
- Awarded National Association of Realtors CCIM Designation, 1984
- Certified “DISC” facilitator
- Certified “Adventures in Attitudes”, facilitator
- CCIM Instructor of the Year 2010 for CI Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
- Public Action for the Arts and Entertainment Muse Award
- SRPEDD Commissioner (Southeast Regional Planning and Economic Development District) | 2010-2012
- Huey MVP Award – Harbor OneU
Deb has been involved in real estate in many capacities since childhood. In 1998 she received her license and used it as a tool in real estate investment. In 2008 she moved into working the rental market, rehabs, construction and income properties. She decided to combine her property management/landlord experience as a leasing specialist; work as a realtor in all phases of and offer her services as an instructor with New England Real Estate Academy.
Special Areas of Interest: Buying/selling/renting with single families, multi-families, condominiums and manufactured homes; my commercial/business / marketing experiences as an entrepreneur; my designations as a Short Sale professional, broker opinion appraiser and accredited stager .
Member, National Association of Realtors, Massachusetts Association of Realtors, South Shore Realtors
Member, Women’s Council of Realtors
Member, Business First Network
Member, Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce
Board of Directors, Hanson Food Pantry, a 501C (3) non-profit – Treasurer
Licenses: Massachusetts and Rhode Island Real Estate Broker; Licensed Massachusetts and Rhode Island Real Estate Instructor
The learning experience should be an exciting part of everyone’s real estate career. It should spark a desire to continue to learn, to make it your own and to enjoy every moment!
Ed is a licensed real estate instructor and broker in Massachusetts. He has owned and managed Century 21 Professional Real Estate, Hyannis.
His development experience includes:
- Developed “Fishermans Village” a 42 unit condominium complex
- Owned, managed and converted 24 apartment condos.
- Developer of Holly Ridge, the first green area golf subdivision on Cape Cod.
Education: Cape Cod Community College, Associates in Art
Bob Falter, Ph.D. is a licensed Connecticut and Massachusetts real estate broker and a certified Massachusetts real estate instructor. In addition, he is a Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI) Dean and Instructor, and a National Association of REALTORS® Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) certified instructor. Lastly, he was a Regional Trainer for the Realtors Property Resource™, LLC.
Teaching Experience: Locally he teaches for the Central Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® (CMAR), Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB), REALTOR® Association of Pioneer Valley (RAPV), Triad Real Estate School, American Real Estate Academy (AERA), New England Real Estate Academy (NEREA), Quaboag Valley Real Estate Academy (QVREA), ERA Key University, Anita Hill Training & Seminars, and others.
- “2006 Rookie of the Year” Award by the Central Massachusetts Association of REALTORS®, formerly the Worcester Regional Association of REALTORS®
- “2010 Educator of the Year” Award by Central Massachusetts Association of REALTORS®, formerly the Worcester Regional Association of REALTORS®
- “Educator of the Year” Award. nomination in 2011
for the Massachusetts Association of REALTORS®
Education is the window to success in real estate