New England Real Estate Academy provides relevant, convenient, highly-acclaimed real estate classes for real estate brokers and salespersons. We offer pre license training courses, continuing education courses for license renewal, and professional development courses for sales and management development. Continuing Education is available in a high-energy classroom format or in state-of-the-art online multi-media video format. Our instructors bring practical, real-world experiences, along with advanced adult learning methodologies. We custom design courses to meet the needs of the ever-evolving real estate industry.
Meet Our Real Estate Instructors
Jeanne Barreta has over 30 years public and private sector real estate experience in Sales, Leasing and Development. She has owned and operated a multi–office residential real estate company and been District Director for Prudential Commercial Real Estate. Her public sector experience includes 6 years with the FDIC in Boston specializing in the sale of owed real estate and the restructuring and sale of loan portfolios. She was also the Section Chief for the Appraisal and Finance Unit in Franklin, MA.
Teaching Experience: In her various capacities, training and consulting has been a significant part of her activities. She was adjunct faculty at Northeastern University for 4 years teaching real estate investment courses in the Building and Technology Department. In 2005, Jeanne was selected to be on the faculty of the CCIM Institute which has given her the opportunity to teach across the country and internationally.
Teaching Philosophy: To engage students to maximize their educational experience. Learning should be fun!
Licenses: Massachusetts and Rhode Island Real Estate Broker; Licensed Massachusetts and Rhode Island Real Estate Instructor; Previously licensed in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Texas and Securities Series 39 and 63.
Education and Designations:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Emmanuel College
- Presidential Honors and Student Speaker at commencement
- CCIM Institute Instructor Boot Camp
- Alignor Negotiations Training
- Decker Communication Intensive
- Extensive Training in adult learning and curriculum development
- Awarded National Association of Realtors CCIM Designation, 1984
- Certified “DISC” facilitator
- Certified “Adventures in Attitudes”, facilitator
- CCIM Instructor of the Year 2010 for CI Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
- Public Action for the Arts and Entertainment Muse Award
- SRPEDD Commissioner (Southeast Regional Planning and Economic Development District) | 2010-2012
- Huey MVP Award – Harbor OneU